Attitude of Gratitude

and Kick Butt!!!!

Friday, May 28, 2010

6 months later, i'm back to work.....

....wow! since december '09, when i was first diagnosed till now it has been 6 months. during that time i had surgery to remove the tumor from the lower 1/3 of my bowels (lovely) and began recovery from that. when, under support of the oncologist, began an oral pill form of 5FU/chemotherapy which lasted 2 weeks. i was very sick during those 2 weeks and did not want to continue that pill form. so, under direction of the oncologist, he thought a trial form of 5FU intravenously would be helpful, since i was considered "high risk" because of the grade of cancer cells that were in my body.
by the 3rd treatment i was done for. i became very ill and was hospitalized twice through the course of treatments; once over-nite...many time spent in the ER with complaints of abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. i went from being 172lbs to 137lbs by last hospitalization, only 4 weeks ago.
today, i am back to work...part-time. my emloyers are very lenient on my energy levels and how much i can do, which is a total blessing. i am driving, and am eating well trying to maintain small meals several times a day to keep my nutrition up.
for now i am on the Kaiser surveillance plan in which they will monitor me every 3 months for the first year. today is my first CEA blood test, which is a marker for cancer in my body. i am praying for the number "zero"!
all my friends, neighbors, family, church family and co-workers have been outstanding and so loving, kind and gracious not only with their time, but finances, helping me at home and in the yard. i can never repay everyone but to say thank you and then have the opportunity to pay-it-forward, someday.
blessings to all
thank you from the depth of my heart
cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment